Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Thank You


Last summer, we were able to visit one of my mission areas, and I snapped this photograph. I love it, for she represents countless women who have influenced my life and, consequently, my family.

This woman is kind.
She is conscious of all those around her and their circumstance.
She is compassionate.
She gives all that she has.
She is industrious.
She works hard.
She puts others first.
Her words are careful and deliberate.
She doesn't complain.
She is generous with praise.
Her doors, arms, and heart are always open.
She cultivates goodness.
She shares her talents.
She testifies of truth.
She gives the benefit of a doubt.
She sees beyond a person's flaws.
She is aware.
She observes, then serves.
She listens.
She teaches.
She learns.
She is knowledgable, and she is wise.
She remembers.
She is content.
She desires to grow.
She is disciplined.
She is dedicated.
She accepts the will of the Lord.
She does not seek acclamation.
She is meek.
She is humble.
She prioritizes.
She sacrifices.
She prays.
She is strong.
She perseveres.
She nurtures.
She is patient.
She forgives.
She knows who she is.
She is long-suffering.
She trusts God.
She knows Him.

Our paths crossed for a short time, but her influence will last forever. So many women like her lead quiet lives that speak volumes. I am blessed to be surrounded by them. In a world full of blaring noise, the voices that shape me are soft- sometimes even silent. Thank you, sisters, for your goodness. You make a meaningful difference in my life and who I am becoming.